Monday, August 20, 2018

Quotations

Provide the one word missing from the quotation. (e.g., “I came, I saw, I ____.” Answer: Conquered (Julius Caesar).)

FRESHMAN LEVEL

1. “That which does not kill us makes us _____.”

2. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not ____.”

3. “If you’re going through ____, keep going.”

4. "Don't cry because it's over, ____ because it happened."

5. "You only live once, but if you do it ____, once is enough."

GRADUATE LEVEL

6. “The _____ life is not worth living.”

7. "When you cease to ____, you cease to live."

8. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t ____.”

9. "No one can make you fell inferior without your ____"

10. "I find that the harder I work, the more ____ I seem to have."

PH.D. LEVEL

11. “It is really clear that the most precious resource we all have is ____.”

12. “The secret of getting ahead is getting ____.”

13. “_____ is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”

14. "Imagination is more important than _____."

15.  All our _____ can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."

-- Star Advertiser, August 18, 2018

No comments: